- TNSTC provides only the facility for transacting with SETC and TNSTC’s Passenger Reservation System through the Internet. TNSTC’s rules for reservation and booking apply to all such transaction along with special conditions imposed for Internet based booking. The special conditions and terms of service applicable to Internet booking are detailed in this document.
- The following terms and conditions will apply if you wish to use the TNSTC’s online ticket booking service offered through the TNSTC website. Please go through the conditions carefully and if you accept them, you may register and transact on the site, you are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions set’ forth below. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must not transact on this Website. Once you have clicked the ‘Agree’ button at the bottom of Terms and Conditions at login page, you have entered into a formal agreement with TNSTC for the purpose of transactions on this website.
- If a user violates the terms and conditions of use by registering more than one user ID and /or booking tickets on such multiple user IDs, TNSTC reserves the right to deactivate all such user registration and cancel any or all tickets booked using these registrations without any notice.
- TNSTC’s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal processes of Government of India and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of TNSTC’s right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Web Site or information provided to or gathered by TNSTC with respect to such use. You agree that TNSTC may provide details of your use of the Web Site to regulators or police or to any other third party, or in order to resolve disputes or complaints which relate to the Web Site, at TNSTC’s complete discretion.
- If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth herein, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the customer and TNSTC with respect to this Web Site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the customer and TNSTC with respect to this Web Site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- Boarding Points are provided for the benefit of reserved passengers. Instead of coming to Origin Point, the reserved passengers can board the bus in the en route boarding points. How ever, the fare will be collected from previous stage of the Boarding Point.
- It is the sole discretion of Management to Provide/ remove the stage or Boarding Points in any Route.
- The Reservation fee and other Applicable charges should be paid by the commuters in all the mode of bookings. Even the passengers who are availing the Concession like Senior Citizen or differently abled should pay the Reservation fee and other Applicable Charges.
Procedure for booking e-Ticket / Mobile tickets
Online Booking (Internet Booking) will enable the passenger to book the seats and cancel the ticket even from remote places where TNSTC Corporations Bus Services operates. The procedure and guidelines for Internet booking (called, Online booking) are detailed as below:
- Booking can be made by registered user through the Internet. Registered User will be given username and password after filling an E-form on the Internet by giving his personal details.
- Tickets can be booked and Payments for tickets booked will have to be made through Credit card / Internet Banking.
- Passenger booking the ticket will have to login to TNSTC website and proceed through the link provided for Advance Booking. The passenger will select the seats in a service of his choice based on the availability.
- During the booking process, the passenger will have to select Identity Type and submit ID No. for confirming his identity during the journey. He can select from any of the Photo Identity Cards i.e. Passport, Driving License, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Ration Card (passenger's).
- Before confirming the booking, the passenger will have to provide payment details like
'Credit Card / Internet Banking' for accepting payment by the Payment gateway. The booking will be confirmed after the financial gateway approves the transaction. At this stage, a
PNR No. will be generated for that ticket and passenger can print the e-Ticket / Mobile Ticket. 'e-Ticket / Mobile Tickets' will be printed on plain paper (A4 size) for acknowledgement and it will be valid for journey. Please note that it is a must for passengers to carry Printed tickets done through e-Ticket / Mobile Ticket at the time of journey.
- Alternatively, the passenger will have the option of getting the 'e-Ticket / Mobile Ticket' printed at any other place where he has Internet connectivity and printing facility. He can print the 'e-Ticket / Mobile Ticket', by logging on through his User ID from “View Booking History” of login page.
- If the passenger is travelling with 'e-Ticket / Mobile Ticket', he will have to produce the Original Identity Card mentioned in the 'e-Ticket / Mobile Ticket ' at the time of journey.
- The on-duty Conductor or TNSTC officials will verify the Identity Card of the passenger as per the waybill and 'e-Ticket / Mobile Ticket' during the journey. If the passenger fails to produce the specified Identity Proof in original during the journey, the ticket will be treated as INVALID and the passenger will be treated as "Travelling without Ticket". Photocopies of Identity proof are not allowed.
- Tickets booked through e-Ticket / Mobile Tickets will be allowed for cancellation before One hour of the scheduled departure. For registered users, cancellation is allowed Online only if they login with the same user ID used for booking the ticket, which is to be cancelled. In respect of cancellations, refunds applicable will be made to the concerned Credit card / Internet banking account only.
- TNSTC Bus tickets can also be booked through www.busindia.com.
- Cancellation of e-tickets is only allowed One hour before the schedule departure of the Service.
- If the service is cancelled by TNSTC (or other STUs) for operational reasons, refund applicable will be made to the concerned Credit card / Internet banking account only.
- If a passenger has lost the '"e-Ticket / Mobile Ticket', copy of the same can be printed by logging on to "View Booking History" module through his User ID. No charges will be applicable.
- All transactions made by the user through Online booking will be available in "View Booking History". This will be for the reference of the passenger and subsequent verification of transactions made on the concerned Credit card / Internet banking account.
- All transactions on Internet are subject to the conditions stipulated by the Financial Gateway and subject to levy of charges, if any. The TNSTC will levy a service charge on the fare applicable for each seat in addition to the fare payable.
- Users are advised to print e-Ticket / Mobile Tickets immediately after booking so as to minimize inconvenience during instances of temporary withdrawal of e-booking due to high traffic on website. The e-Ticket / Mobile Tickets will also be emailed to the email address provided by the user at the time of the booking.
- e-Ticket and Mobile Ticket Passengers must carry a printed ticket at the time
Differently abled persons and their Escorts:
Differently abled persons have to mention their valid ID card (issued by Govt.,) details while making Online Ticket Reservation . At the time of boarding the vehicle, a photocopy of the disablity Certificate has to be handed over to the Conductor and also the Original Certificate has to be carried by the Differently Abled person and shown to the Conductor. If any Escort is accompanying with the Differently abled person, the ID proof of such escort has also to be produced to the conductor. Applicable fare concessions for differently abled persons and their escort are automatically availed at the time of booking.
Fare concessions availed by senior citizens, have to produce original age proof ID cards at the time of journey like PAN card, Voter's ID, Driving license, Passport, Ration card, etc.,
At the time of boarding the vehicle, photocopy of the Age Proof ID has to be handed over to the Conductor.
- In respect of tickets cancelled by the passenger, TNSTC will refund the amount applicable to the concerned Credit card / Internet banking account by TNSTC.
- In respect of refunds due to ticket not booked but amount debited to passenger's account, passengers are required to send refund letter along with ticket copy to Commercial Manager to the address below, mentioning USERID and OB reference no. of the transaction. Officials of TNSTC will verify the details and refund the amount to the concerned Credit card / Internet banking account within 7 days from the date of transaction.
- In respect of refunds due to cancellation of service by TNSTC, passengers are required to send refund letter along with ticket copy to Commercial Manager to the address below, mentioning USERID of the passenger, OB reference no. of the transaction and PNR No. of the ticket. Officials of TNSTC will verify and refund the amount to the concerned Credit card / Internet banking account.
- In respect of refunds for any other reasons, passengers are required to send refund letter along with ticket copy to Commercial Manager to the address below, furnishing user ID of the passenger, OB reference no. of the transaction and PNR No. of the ticket mentioning reasons for such refund. However such requests will be considered only if received before the departure time of the service. Officials of TNSTC will examine the details and take appropriate action under intimation to the passenger.
- Refunds due to cancellation of tickets will be refunded normally in 2 weeks by TNSTC, after the cancellation of ticket or receipt of e-mail. If refunds are delayed, passengers may contact TNSTC officials at Help Desk telephone numbers provided in the website.
In case of any service was cancelled by TNSTC's due to unavoidable circumstances and no alternate service was operated in place of the Cancelled services, then the passengers reserved in that particular service can get the refund by sending a refund claim letter along with the
e-ticket copy to:
The Deputy Manager (commercial),
State Express Transport Corporation Tamil Nadu Ltd.,
No.2, Pallavan salai,
Chennai - 600002.